Adam began climbing at the age of 15 and it has been a passion ever since. At 18, upon graduating high school, he made his first ascent of El Capitan in Yosemite. Following his graduation from Middlebury College in Vermont with a BA in Geography, his love for the mountains and adventure took him around the globe. Some of his trips include expeditions to: Alaska, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, India, Nepal, Thailand, Greece, extensive climbing in the Alps and in North America. Adam is well versed in all disciplines of the sport having done one-day ascents of big-walls in Yosemite, test-piece Canadian ice climbs, many classic alpine routes in the Alps and difficult free routes. Adam has guided extensively in Europe and in the American west.
"Adam delivered. Man, what an incredible climber and unassuming and down to earth dude. Most would have considered the dike ‘out’ and backed off (and did), but Adam made reasonable and quick work of it and in doing so was able to pass along a small bit of his badassery to a couple of normal chaps." - John
Adam shares his passion, skills and knowledge of the mountains with clients worldwide. With his partner (Caroline) they split their time between Chamonix, France and Salt Lake City, USA and run most of their trips from these locations. However, they like to travel extensively and have guided all over the world. Offering guiding and instruction in alpine, ice and rock climbing and in backcountry skiing.
- 5.13 rock climbs WI6 ice climbs M10 mixed climbs
- Six ascents of El Capitan, including a One day ascent of The Nose
- Grand Traverse of Mount Cook in New Zealand
- Grand Traverse of the Tetons, Wyoming
- Free ascent of Moonlight Buttress in Zion NP
- Freney Pillar and Grand Pillar d’Angle on Mont Blanc
- Divine Providence on Mont Blanc – 22hrs. hut to hut
- Two ascents of the Grandes Jorasses north face
- North Face of the Matterhorn
- Three ascents of the Eiger North Face, including a one-day and guided ascent
- Summit of Denali